İş barədə məlumat:
ECA Agri-Finance Project
Position of Agriculture Insurance Product Developer/Analyst/Trainer
The IFC Agri-Finance Project would like to increase access to finance to agriculture. To do so, the Project works on facilitating financial intermediaries to lend to agriculture with legislative and regulatory reform, advisory services to understand agriculture and how to more efficiently lend to the agriculture sector. In addition, the Project focuses on the risks facing agriculture through the establishment and development of agriculture insurance. In this role, the Project can work with Government and legislators/regulators to improve the laws, regulations and sector oversight to foster the proper and robust development of agriculture insurance. The Project will also work with the private sector to develop and advance new and useful insurance products to foster lending and overall growth of the agriculture.
SCOPE OF WORK
• Will facilitate the design/concept of the product, contract development, risk assertions with field studies to clarify risks and actual/proxy measures of such risks;
• This individual will engage the partners above to review legal aspects of the contract, develop an awareness and training roll out of products, and ensure successful delivery of products;
• Working to create public awareness, designing materials and training programs, training farmers and other stakeholders, writing articles, etc to promote the understanding and uptake of agriculture insurance;
• To write training manuals for private sector insurance firms in the Azerbaijani/English language in coordination with foreign agri-insurance experts and other team members, as well as associated training materials (handouts, PowerPoint, course evaluations, etc);
• To support designing modern insurance programs with all needed elements to support new product development and offering;
• Work collaboratively with both the team and government officials to develop and amend the necessary regulations required by the state program;
• Deliver practical experience at field trainings and field surveys/loss adjustment procedures;
• Provide individual consultations to project stakeholders where needed to understand their position or to work out compromises and agreement;
• Assist the Project Manager in any other duties as required.
The successful applicant will have:
• Appropriate education and training in agrarian science from a reputable university;
• Deep understanding of the agriculture and insurance sector, its legal framework and major stakeholders in Azerbaijan;
• A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in finance and risk management in the insurance sector (preferably in agri-insurance);
• Proven track record in the writing and preparation of training manuals and associated training materials, and providing training using participatory methodologies which combines both lectures and practical exercises;
• Experience in the collection and synthesis of sector information, and preparation of concise analyses and recommendations for practical management issues related to agri-insurance products and the evaluation of loss;
• Methodological skills to identify, collect, summarize data;
• Strong presentation and teaching skills required;
• A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in areas of the insurance sector;
• Excellent written and spoken Azerbaijani and English language;
• Advanced Computer literacy for actuarially sound calculations;
• Able to work in a team, well-organized, self-confident and energetic.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE AND DELIVERABLES
• The Consultant will work offsite and onsite as per a mutually agreed work plan.
• Start of the contract period: December 15, 2016; End of the period: June 30, 2017.
• Contract may be renewed annually subject to work requirements.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to “Business Opportunities” section at https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html (Selection #: 1232690) till COB December 14, 2016. Only applications submitted online will be considered for the position.
Please contact Lamiya Huseynova at [email protected] in case of any questions.